Have you ever wanted to replicate the incredible feats of swordsmanship you see in movies like 47 Ronin and 13 Assassins? Stand surrounded by half a dozen angry Ashigaru and then, in a single fluid motion, strike them all down? Bring forth fiery darts from heaven and hurl them at your enemies? Face demons from the pits of hell? Disarm and hammer an arrogant Samurai lord into the dust with your bare hands? Lead a howling mob of vengeful villagers against their overlords, armed with little more than spades, hoes and hope? Slice an innocent bystander from neck to crotch for allowing his shadow to cross yours? Laugh as the blades of your enemies rebound from your iron-hard flesh? Pierce the eye of a Kitsune with your arrow, even though she thought she was hidden from view? Get beaten to a pulp by a little old bald guy with a walking stick? Defend your clan from the devious plans of men and demons alike?
You can do this and much more if you play Daishō, skirmish wargaming in mythical Nippon.
This game allows players to field forces of five to fifteen miniatures in a game you can easily complete in an evening on a space only a yard square. The rules are short and simple to learn – few players need to refer to them after their second or third game.
This book provides:
- the core rules of play,
- the complete points system so you can create your own forces,
- full listings for twelve unique forces,
- armour, weapons and, equipment, both mundane and magical,
- listings of skills, heroic ki powers and magical powers,
- fifteen scenarios, supported by seventeen scenario complications,
- ten detailed landscapes for you to play across, and
- simple, yet rewarding campaign rules.
If you want to chat to other Daishō players and you are on Facebook, there is a dedicated page you can join:
Below are some additional materials to enhance your game: